DLSPH researchers are highly productive, contributing to U of T as the top-ranked University in Canada for both total number of peer-reviewed publications and of scholarly citations in the areas of health care sciences and services, health policy and services and public, environmental and occupational health.
Six DLSPH faculty members hold Canada Research Chairs, including:
- Arjumand Siddiqi, Canada Research Chair in Population Health Equity
- Laura Rosella, Canada Research Chair in Population Health Analytics
- Lisa Forman, Canada Research Chair in Human Rights and Global Health Equity
- France Gagnon, Canada Research Chair in Genetic Epidemiology
- Prabhat Jha, Canada Research Chair in Global Health
- Steve Narod, Canada Research Chair in Breast Cancer
DLSPH also supports research in addictions (smoking, alcohol, gambling and illicit drugs); child and adolescent health; chronic disease epidemiology, prevention & screening; genetic epidemiology & statistical genetics; health promotion and social determinants of health; infectious disease epidemiology & modeling; methodological research in biostatistics, demography and epidemiology; occupational & environmental health; public health policy; and women’s health.
Research Service Unit
The Research Services Unit is a multidisciplinary team of epidemiologists, biostatisticians, study coordinators and staff who support Dalla Lana School of Public Health researchers in study design, coordination, implementation and data analysis.
Lee Vernich – Director